General Library Rules
- Members of Istinye University can benefit from library resources and services.
- The library collection is protected by an electronic security system and a magnetic door control system. Library material that has not been borrowed should not be taken out. If necessary, the librarian can search you and check your bag.
- It is obligatory to show the “İstinye University Identity Card” in library procedures and when requested.
- Resources are not loaned to people who do not have an ISU ID card.
- Those who damage library materials and belongings are given to the disciplinary committee.
- Except for water, food, beverages, tobacco products and alcohol are not allowed in the library.
- While entering the library, the mobile phone should be set to silent mode, no phone calls should be made inside the library, and phone calls should be made outside the library.
- Library users should be quiet in study halls and group study rooms, and avoid behaviors that will disturb other users.
- Books taken from the shelves should be left on the tables and should not be placed on the shelves.
- The library is not responsible for the loss or theft of your personal belongings in the library.
- In accordance with the Personal Data Protection Law (PDPL), shooting should not be done with cameras, cameras and similar devices in the Library without obtaining permission.
- Users should not use the tools of the Library staff without permission and should not change the places of the tools and materials in the Library.
- In accordance with the Law on Intellectual and Artistic Works No. 5846, users may not copy all of any material, etc. they cannot reproduce.
- For publications not returned on time, the daily delay penalty is one (1) TL. is applied. Reminder e-mails are sent to users regularly via the Library Automation System for delayed resources.
- Even if the reminder e-mail is not sent, it does not relieve the user from debt obligation.
- In the event that the user loses a borrowed publication or damages the publication (along with the damaged publication), the user must purchase a new publication (provided that it is the original edition) and return it to the library.
- If necessary, the library may request that the loaned publication(s) be returned earlier than the specified time.
- Users should act in accordance with laws and regulations while using the internet.
- University staff and students who will be dismissed from İstinye University must document that they do not have any borrowed publications or library fines.
- The library sends informative notes such as the return date, delay, delay debts and receipt of the reserved material to the institutional e-mails of the users (@istinye.edu.tr @isu.edu.tr @stu.istinye.edu.tr). Users are responsible for checking personal corporate emails.
The resources available in the library must be used in accordance with the Law on Intellectual and Artistic Works No. 5846.
Academic staff, administrative staff and students of Istinye University can borrow publications from the Library. The borrowing rights of library users are arranged as follows.
|User||Book (Total)||Period (Day)||Extension|
|Undergraduate - Associate Student||3||15||3|
Istinye University Library may request that any loaned publication be returned earlier than the above-mentioned times.
- If the borrowed material has not been reserved by someone else, the loan period may be extended. The loan period of an item can be extended three (3) times by the user on the Library website.
- Extending the return date cannot be done over the phone.
- All books except Reserve books may be extended unless requested by other readers.
- Each user should have their own extension process of the material brought to the library done at the Information Desk.
A user who wants to borrow a material that has been borrowed by someone else can book it on their behalf by accessing the library web page on the internet or by coming to the library from the Information Desk. Checking out the reserved item is subject to the item's return date for the user who borrowed the item. The first borrower can bring the item at or before the end of the period. However, the library cannot be held responsible if, for some reason, the user does not return the reserved material. When the reserved item is returned, an email is sent to the next user informing them that the item is on hold and can be retrieved. Reserved material returned to the library must be received from the Information Desk within three (3) days. Materials not received within this period are placed on the shelves.
- A delay fee is applied to the materials that are not brought to the library on the return date. For Reserve materials loaned for two hours, a late fee will be charged for each hour of delay. The delay fee is applied for the days when the library is open. There is no fee for public holidays and other days when the library is closed.
- A delay fee applies to all library materials.
- Users who have overdue books or who do not pay the late fee will not be given new books.
- Delay fees cannot be cancelled. The staff at the Information Desk or other library staff do not have any authority regarding the cancellation or postponement of the delay fee.
Missing Materials on the Shelf
If the material is not on the shelf even though it has not been borrowed by another user, help is requested from the Information Desk. When the material is found, the reader is informed and kept at the Information Desk for 3 days.
Using Library Electronic Resources
Members of Istinye University have the right to remotely access electronic resources in accordance with their license agreements.
- The entire responsibility of the borrowed material belongs to the user.
- Istinye University ID cards cannot be used by anyone other than the owner for library transactions.
- The library cannot be held responsible if, for technical or other reasons, the library cannot remind the return date via e-mail. It is the user's responsibility to return borrowed items on time.
- Loss or damage to the borrowed material is the responsibility of the user.
- The library provides information via corporate e-mail in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Law. Users are responsible for keeping track of their corporate e-mails. The library is not responsible for undelivered mail.
- Failure of the user to receive the delay fee note for any reason is not a valid reason for non-payment of the delay fee.
- In cases where the borrowed material is not returned on time, the library materials are damaged, a new one is not delivered to replace the lost or damaged material, and other library rules are not followed, the user will lose the right to borrow material. The user, who compensates for the damages and solves the problems caused, regains the borrowing rights.
- The dismissal process cannot be completed without returning the materials borrowed from the library by the academic and administrative staff who have left Istinye University.
- Students who owe books and delay fee to the library are not required to re-register each semester, nor are they given dismissal documents.
Inter-Library Loan and Documentation Service Rules
Inter-Library Loan and Document Supply Service (ILL) is a service that allows borrowing books, articles, book chapters and theses that are not in the collection of Istinye University Library from other libraries.
Benefit Conditions for Istinye University Members
- Academic staff, doctoral, graduate, undergraduate and associate degree students benefit from the Interlibrary Loan and Documentation Service (ILL).
|Academic Staff||Book||Book Chapter||Article||Thesis|
|Administrative Staff||Book||Book Chapter||Article||Thesis|
|Phd Student||Book||Book Chapter||Article||Thesis|
|Postgraduate Student||Book||Book Chapter||Article||Thesis|
|Undergraduate Student||Book||Book Chapter||Article||Thesis|
|Associate Student||Book||Book Chapter||Article||Thesis|
- Requests are made by filling out the "ILL Request Form" on the Library web page.
- Only books, book chapters, articles and thesis types are provided via ILL.
- The user can request up to five (5) resources at a time.
- The arrival time of the books in the libraries outside the city is at least three (3) days. Arrival time may vary depending on the availability of the book on the shelf at the requested date, the lending library's ILL policy, and the time in the mail.
- Article and document requests are provided by photocopy from the library where the source is available or as PDF in electronic environment.
- After the requester is informed that their request has reached the library, they personally come to Istinye University Central Library within three (3) days at the latest, shows the ISU ID card, receives the source and returns it on time.
- The loan period for books provided with the ILL is determined by the lending rules of the provider University Library.
- The requester agrees to use the borrowed resource without violating copyright law.
- In order to extend the period of the borrowed book, it is necessary to inform firstname.lastname@example.org five (5) days before the return date. The extension period and number vary depending on the ILL policy of the library from which the resource is borrowed.
- If the requester does not borrow the book received at the Vadi Central Library Information Desk within three (3) days, cannot request the same book again.
- If the borrowed book is lost, damaged or not delivered on time after it has been delivered to the requester, the responsibility lies with the requester. In this case, the rules of the library from which the book was borrowed apply.
- The provider library reserves the right to recall the book before the return date.
- Academic staff and graduate students from other universities benefit from the Istinye University Library's Interlibrary Loan and Document Supply Service.
- Other libraries make their book requests through the Interlibrary Request Tracking System (KİTS) or the Turkish Document Supply System (TÜBESS). Individual user requests sent directly by phone or e-mail are not accepted and are directed to the relevant librarian at the affiliated institution.
- Books in the Rare Collection, easy reading books, Reserve books and non-book materials are not loaned.
- The usage period of the borrowed resource is thirty (30) days.
- A library may borrow a maximum of five (5) books at one (1) time.
- If there is no reserve (reservation) on the usage period of the borrowed book, it can be extended one (1) time.
- Article requests are made through KİTS or TÜBESS request systems.
- A library may request a maximum of five (5) articles at one (1) time.
- The late fee for the book provided by ILL is one (1) TL per day. In case of loss, damage or late return of the borrowed book, the responsibility belongs to the authorized person in the library to which the resource was lent. In this case, the Lending Rules of the İstinye University Library apply.
- Istinye University Library reserves the right to recall the book before the return date.
Computer Area Usage Rules
- Computers with internet access are available to all users of the library.
- Computers are used for education and research purposes.
- Members of Istinye University can log in with their institution e-mail username and password.
- Computer desks should not be occupied, leaving personal items for a long time.
- Computer desks that are idle for more than fifteen (15) minutes can be used by other users.
- Computers should not be used for gaming.
- Logout must be performed even when the computer is left for a short time.
- Food, beverages, tobacco products and alcohol are not allowed in the computer area, except water.
Group Study Rooms Usage Rules
- Only Istinye University students can use the group study rooms in the Vadi Library.
- Group study rooms can be used between working hours on weekdays. These rooms are not available for weekend use.
- Group study rooms can be allocated to groups of minimum three (3) and maximum eight (8) people for two (2) hours.
- It is obligatory to have at least three (3) people during the usage period of the group study rooms.
- Each student has the right to use the group study rooms once a day.
- The user cannot book two different rooms at the same time.
- In case of re-booking another room; The authorized person may cancel the reservation due to excessive room requests.
- Group study rooms can be booked three (3) days in advance.
- Extension/renewal of the reserved rooms can only be done if the reservation is not made by another user.
- Individuals receive the keys of the group study rooms from the Vadi Library Information Desk in return for their corporate identity, and return the room keys and the equipment, if any, belonging to the room, to the library staff after use.
- It is obligatory for all group members to work in group study rooms to hand over ID to the library officer.
- Any group member who will work in group study rooms cannot request an extension for the next two (2) hours in the same room.
- The sound level in the room should be at a level that does not affect other users and services.
- The lights of the group study room should be kept on during use.
- After use, group study rooms should be left as received, furniture and equipment should be used carefully and cleanly. Items and equipment in the group study rooms should not be damaged in any way (damaging the sockets, writing on the door, wall, table, affixing posters, etc.).
- Group study rooms should not be used for any purpose other than study.
- Movies and videos other than training cannot be watched in group study rooms.
- Users are obliged to protect their personal belongings during the use of study rooms, Information Resources and Library Department are not responsible for theft, loss and similar items.
- Users of group study rooms must vacate the rooms fifteen (15) minutes before the library closing time.
- Rooms cannot be locked and left without informing the Information Desk. In such a case, personal belongings may be removed from the room by the attendant.
- If the room key is lost, the user cannot retrieve their ID.
- Food, beverages, tobacco products and alcohol are not allowed in the group study rooms, except water. In such a situation, you will be requested to vacate the room.
- Those who damage library materials and belongings are given to the disciplinary committee.
- Users should not change the place of tools and materials in group study rooms, should not be removed, should not be carried to other rooms.
- Rooms should be kept clean and tidy. After use, garbage should be thrown into the trash, tables and chairs should be left in an orderly manner.
- The user is responsible for returning the publications taken to the room to the Library Information Desk.
- While working in the reserved rooms, please do not lock the room doors from inside for your safety in case of emergency.
- Group study rooms are periodically checked by library staff.
- In case of non-compliance with the "Group Study Rooms Usage Rules" stated above; users' right to use group study rooms is revoked. If necessary, study rooms will not be allocated to those who do not comply with the rules.
- The right to use the group study rooms of the İstinye University Library is reserved.
- For any questions or problems, please contact the Information Desk.
- Room keys are given by the librarian at the Vadi Library Information Desk in exchange for an Istinye University ID.
- If the reserved rooms are not received within a maximum of fifteen (15) minutes, they will be cancelle
Super Quiet Area Usage Rules
- Please use the quiet area for your individual studies.
- Cell phones cannot be used in the silent area.
- Attention should be paid to the sound level of the headphones used in the silent area.
- Please do not leave your personal belongings while you are not using the desks.
- In the süper quiet working area, no food, drink, tobacco products and alcohol are allowed except water.
Information resources that are suitable for the purposes of İstinye University, educational and research needs, that have not lost their current or scientific character, and information resources that support researchers in social, cultural and literary terms are accepted as donations. The donation acceptance principles of Istinye University Library are as follows:
- A list, if any, of donations to be made to the Library is requested to be compared with the Library catalog before receiving it. Otherwise, donations are seen and examined on the spot. If it is found to be physically sound and thematically suitable for the library collection, donations are accepted.
- Except for manuscripts and rare works in the collection to be donated, outdated materials are not accepted.
- If the donated material is available in the library collection (excluding reserve publications), publications that are not physically clean, incomplete pages, stamped, written notes, drawn and photocopied publications cannot be accepted as donations.
- Donations received must be clean, unmarked and well preserved/repaired, relevant to users' current and future educational/research work, and in compliance with licensing, copyright, and other conditions.
- The library has the right to decide in which section and according to which rules it will present the donated materials to the users. The request for donations to be kept together in a private and separate room or on open shelves will not be accepted under any circumstances.
- The library has the right to return the materials it accepts as donation or donate it to another library, if it deems appropriate.
- Not every donation is included in the collection. The library management has the authority to decide whether to add the donation to its collection and where and how it will be placed in the library.
- The library is not responsible for the announcement of the list of donated materials. In addition, a list of donated materials is kept.
- If the publications given by the newspapers as incentives vary in terms of paper, printing and content, donations cannot be accepted.
- Newspapers and publications given as promotions by newspapers are not accepted as donations.
- In periodicals; Publications that do not provide the integrity of the volume, publications that do not provide integrity with the current collection and single issues cannot be accepted as donations.
- Primary school, high school textbooks, duplicator, lecture notes, photocopied etc. Publications and materials showing features cannot be accepted as donations.
- The donated publications are stamped as "Donation of…" by the Information Resources and Library Department.
- Materials that are suitable for the library collection are taken as fixture numbers and processed for other materials and added to the collection. A letter of appreciation is sent to the donor on behalf of our University.
- Bağış yapan kişiler; yaptıkları bağışlarla ilgili herhangi bir hak ve istekte bulunamazlar.
- When it comes to donating a collection containing more than one material by any institution or person, Istinye University Library has the right to choose between these publications and to weed out the sources that do not comply with the publication selection principles.
How Do I Donate?
You can send your questions about donations to email@example.com.
Social Media Policy
Social media is defined as online technologies used to share information, resources and opinions. Istinye University Library has accounts on the following social media platforms:
This policy guides the use of social media accounts in Istinye University Library. Library social media activities are carried out with the mission of supporting the teaching, learning, research and information needs of İstinye University. Library social media activities reflect the library's mission to promote a learning environment that promotes access to information, producing and discovering knowledge, cultural preservation, service and inquiry, critical thinking, and diverse perspectives in a respectful, civilized manner.
You can reach the social media policy from the link.